1. Is it the print program that causes it?So I had to take out my gloves and grind and till the land until my glove gone and my hand bruised! One big hassle if the price suddenly gone somewhere after an upgrade. It was working fine in 4.6c. After the upgrade the price was missing. So where had it gone to?
2. Is it the upgrade that cause the print program to loose it mind?
3. Is there any difference between ECC6 standard print program and the customized one?
4. Did we forget to transport certain versions of the print program?
Tracing it wasn't easy though as it being produced by DO in the background. I couldn't make the system to stop at the break-point even though I'd put more than 10 in it. TCODE JDBG was helpless. SM58 was not stopping at correct points because SO was travelling at unknown location towards DO. So it was brain crushing! The hell was it I still need to prove that the print program was fine!
As tracing was helpless, I took another option to put in some trace log in the print program so at least I can trace data movement to SAP Directory AL11. Proven as good as it is, the standard function module "RV_PRICE_PRINT_ITEM" was not getting any pricing condition out at all by the print program. So the conclusion was simply : during the process of saving DO at the background, Sales Order's SO number (VBELN) and Pricing ID (KNUMV) had not yet COMMIT WORK. That's a pretty straight guess! So it had to be it. Afterall, I can get back my pricing condition if I did the DO manually or after that. So, while SO was not committed to save, the print program will forever not be able to retrieve it's pricing condition.
Now I had to go out to the jungle to find the ultimate root cause why the function module "RV_PRICE_PRINT_ITEM" unable to retrieve pricing condition back from SO while its generating DO at the background. So its like finding the golden needle in the haystack!
All over again, but I had only question in mind as I race against time to get that root cause:
Where the hell happen?!
Who made the changes?
What changes was made?
As I went to each line, I was determined that someone, had to be a person, from another team who did something to a user exit, an enhancement-point or a BADI that suddenly make the DO to correctly print the price out.
You would have said, "Hey buddy, wait for the next transport of whatever into the quality system and production system to correct the error!" However, this will not be the case, things just do not dissappear for a reason. I need to find that out. Furthermore, the quality system and production system still having the error. So it need to be fix pronto even though development is correct! Anyway, I went along thousand of lines of ABAP coding, I found an alternative solution instead of the root cause.
I will make use of the following :
1. USER EXIT->MV45AFZZ->USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT
2. A customized TABLE
3. Modified the PRINTPROGRAM
Before I go on to explain why I would use such crude way, it is best that you follow my trace below.
10. SAPMV45A->MV45AF0B_BELEG_SICHERN->BELEG_SICHERN->NUMBER_GET_NEXT(654)->GET VBAK-VBELN
Editor's note : Yes I took my pain ass going around the merry go round to get those traces out. Yes, MV45AF0B_BELEG_SICHERN is the standard include file that is for SAVING THE SO! Mind me, I haven't finish tracing to DO!
1. A new SO no.2. A new KNUMV3. A table of determined pricing condition with no KNUMV yet.
What happend to DO's Pre-Inv, during background creation by SO, unable to capture those pricing condition out by the function module RV_PRICE_PRINT_ITEM?